SREPORTSection: Slurm components (1)
Updated: October 2010
NAMEsreport - Generate reports from the slurm accounting data.
SYNOPSISsreport [OPTIONS...] [COMMAND...]
DESCRIPTIONsreport is used to generate reports of job usage and cluster utilization for SLURM jobs saved to the SLURM Database, slurmdbd.
- -a, --all_clusters
- Use all clusters instead of only the cluster from where the command was run.
- -h, --help
- Print a help message describing the usage of sreport.
- -n, --noheader
- Don't display header when listing results.
- -p, --parsable
- Output will be '|' delimited with a '|' at the end.
- -P, --parsable2
- Output will be '|' delimited without a '|' at the end.
- -Q, --quiet
- Print no warning or informational messages, only error messages.
- -t <format>
- Specify the output time format. Time format options are case insensitive and may be abbreviated. The default format is Minutes. Supported time format options are listed in the time command section below.
- -v, --verbose
- Print detailed event logging.
- -V , --version
Print version information and exit.
- <keyword> may be omitted from the execute line and sreport will
- execute in interactive mode. sreport will process commands as entered until explicitly terminated.
- Terminate the execution of sreport. Identical to the quit command.
- Display a description of sreport options and commands.
- Return output to normal after parsable or parsable2 has been set.
- Output will be | delimited with an ending '|'.
- Output will be | delimited without an ending '|'.
- Print no warning or informational messages, only fatal error messages.
- Terminate the execution of sreport. Identical to the exit command.
- time <time_format>
Specify the output time format. Time format options are case
insensitive and may be abbreviated. The default format is Minutes.
Supported time format options include:
- Enable detailed event logging.
- Display the sreport version number.
Repeat the last command executed.
- Valid report types are:
cluster <REPORT> <OPTIONS>
job <REPORT> <OPTIONS>
user <REPORT> <OPTIONS>
- <REPORT> options for each type include:
cluster - AccountUtilizationByUser, UserUtilizationByAccount, UserUtilizationByWckey, Utilization, WCKeyUtilizationByUser
job - SizesByAccount, SizesByAccountAndWcKey, SizesByWckey
reservation - Utilization
user - TopUsage
- cluster AccountUtilizationByUser
- This report will display account utilization as it appears on the hierarchical tree. Starting with the specified account or the root account by default this report will list the underlying usage with a sum on each level. Use the 'tree' option to span the tree for better visibility.
- cluster UserUtilizationByAccount
- This report will display users by account in order of utilization without grouping multiple accounts by user into one, but displaying them on separate lines.
- cluster UserUtilizationByWCKey
- This report will display users by wckey in order of utilization without grouping multiple wckey by user into one, but displaying them on separate lines.
- cluster Utilization
- This report will display total usage divided by Allocated, Down, Idle, and Reserved time for selected clusters. Reserved time refers to time that a job was waiting for resources after the job had become eligible. If the value is not of importance for you the number should be grouped with idle time.
- cluster WCKeyUtilizationByUser
- This report will display wckey utilization sorted by WCKey name for each user on each cluster.
- job SizesByAccount
- This report will dispay the amount of time used for job ranges specified by the 'grouping=' option. Only a single level in the tree is displayed defaulting to the root dir. If you specify other accounts with the 'account=' option sreport will use those accounts as the root account and you will receive the sub accounts for the accounts listed.
- job SizesByAccountAndWckey
- This report is very similar to SizesByAccount with the difference being each account is pair with wckeys so the identifier is account:wckey instead of just account so there will most likely be multiple accounts listed depending on the number of wckeys used.
- job SizesByWckey
- This report will dispay the amount of time for each wckey for job ranges specified by the 'grouping=' option.
- reservation Utilization
- This report will display total usage for reservations on the systems.
- user TopUsage
Displays the top users on a cluster. Use the group option to group
accounts together. The default is to have a different line for each
user account combination.
- Each report type has various options...
- OPTIONS FOR ALL REPORT TYPES
- Use all monitored clusters. Default is local cluster.
- List of clusters to include in report. Default is local cluster.
Period ending for report. Default is 23:59:59 of previous day.
Valid time formats are...
MMDD[YY] or MM/DD[/YY] or MM.DD[.YY]
Comma separated list of fields to display in report.
When using the format option for listing various fields you can put a %NUMBER afterwards to specify how many characters should be printed.
e.g. format=name%30 will print 30 characters of field name right justified. A -30 will print 30 characters left justified.
- Period start for report. Default is 00:00:00 of previous day. Valid time formats are...
- OPTIONS SPECIFICALLY FOR CLUSTER REPORTS
- When used with the UserUtilizationByAccount, or AccountUtilizationByUser, List of accounts to include in report. Default is all.
- When used with the AccountUtilizationByUser report will span the accounts as they are in the hierarchy.
- When used with any report other than Utilization, List of users to include in report. Default is all.
- When used with the UserUtilizationByWckey or WCKeyUtilizationByUser, List of wckeys to include in report. Default is all.
- OPTIONS SPECIFICALLY FOR JOB REPORTS
- List of accounts to use for the report Default is all. The SizesByAccount(*) report only displays 1 hierarchical level. If accounts are specified the next layer of accounts under those specified will be displayed, not the accounts specified. In the SizesByAccount(*) reports the default for accounts is root. This explanation does not apply when ran with the FlatView option.
- When used with the SizesbyAccount(*) will not group accounts in a hierarchical level, but print each account where jobs ran on a separate line without any hierarchy.
- List of group ids to include in report. Default is all.
- Comma separated list of size groupings. (e.g. 50,100,150 would group job cpu count 1-49, 50-99, 100-149, > 150). grouping=individual will result in a single column for each job size found.
- List of jobs/steps to include in report. Default is all.
- Only show jobs that ran on these nodes. Default is all.
- List of partitions jobs ran on to include in report. Default is all.
- When used with the Sizes report will print number of jobs ran instead of time used.
- List of users jobs to include in report. Default is all.
- List of wckeys to use for the report. Default is all. The SizesbyWckey report all users summed together. If you want only certain users specify them them with the Users= option.
- OPTIONS SPECIFICALLY FOR RESERVATION REPORTS
- List of reservations to use for the report. Default is all.
Only show reservations that used these nodes. Default is all.
- OPTIONS SPECIFICALLY FOR USER REPORTS
- List of accounts to use for the report. Default is all.
- Group all accounts together for each user. Default is a separate entry for each user and account reference.
- Used in the TopUsage report. Change the number of users displayed. Default is 10.
List of users jobs to include in report. Default is all.
FORMAT OPTIONS FOR EACH REPORT
FORMAT OPTIONS FOR CLUSTER REPORTS
UserUtilizationByAccount: Accounts, Cluster, CPUCount, Login, Proper, Used
WCKeyUtilizationByUser: Cluster, CPUCount, Login, Proper, Used, Wckey
Utilization: Allocated, Cluster, CPUCount, Down, Idle, Overcommited, PlannedDown, Reported, Reserved
- FORMAT OPTIONS FOR JOB REPORTS
SizesByWckey: Wckey, Cluster
- FORMAT OPTIONS FOR RESERVATION REPORTS
- Utilization: Allocated, Associations, Cluster, CPUCount, CPUTime, End, Idle, Name, Nodes, Start, TotalTime
- FORMAT OPTIONS FOR USER REPORTS
Account, Cluster, Login, Proper, Used
- All commands and options are case-insensitive.
- sreport job sizesbyaccount
- sreport cluster utilization
- sreport user top
- sreport job sizesbyaccount All_Clusters users=gore1 account=environ PrintJobCount
- Report number of jobs by user gore1 within the environ account
- sreport cluster AccountUtilizationByUser cluster=zeus user=gore1 start=2/23/08 end=2/24/09 format=Accounts,Cluster,CPUCount,Login,Proper,Used
- Report cluster account utilization with the specified fields during the specified 24 hour day of February 23, 2009, by user gore1
- sreport cluster AccountUtilizationByUser cluster=zeus accounts=lc start=2/23/08 end=2/24/09
- Report cluster account utilization by user in the LC account on cluster zeus
- sreport user topusage start=2/16/09 end=2/23/09 -t percent account=lc
Report top usage in percent of the lc account during the specified week
COPYINGCopyright (C) 2009-2010 Lawrence Livermore National Security. Produced at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (cf, DISCLAIMER). CODE-OCEC-09-009. All rights reserved.
This file is part of SLURM, a resource management program. For details, see <https://computing.llnl.gov/linux/slurm/>.
SLURM is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
SLURM is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
SEE ALSOsacct(1), slurmdbd(8)
- REPORT TYPES
- REPORT DESCRIPTION
- FORMAT OPTIONS FOR EACH REPORT
- SEE ALSO
This document was created by man2html using the manual pages.
Time: 17:28:40 GMT, February 28, 2012