The Visualization Lab provides a computer-generated animation and
modeling service to help you:
- Effectively present your scientific data.
- Make funding proposals that can clearly explain something that
doesn't yet exist.
- Illustrate a complicated process.
- Create presentation quality graphics and conceptual artwork.
Our high-end animation system can produce a 2-D or 3-D animation from a
diverse set of input types, such as:
- Raw data from scientific experiments or computer output.
- CAD models from all the popular 2-D and 3-D systems.
- Abstract ideas or processes.
Using a combination of computer hardware, software, and video recording
equipment, the Visualization Lab's staff can create animations of your
data or ideas and record them onto video tape, along with creating
movies for computer display on the web and local multimedia
The animations are prepared using Wavefront Technologies' Advanced
Visualizer, one of the premiere commercial animation packages used for
the broadcast/film industry and scientific visualization community. An
animator generates an animation to your specifications, which can
include flight paths, particle motion, mechanical movement, or
We provide story boarding of the animation, object and materials
modeling, scripting of object movement and viewpoint paths, scene
rendering, and recording the animation to broadcast-quality video
tapes. Our system produces high-quality, high-resolution,
images. The resulting animation may be combined
with any of our other video services
to create an integrated and complete presentation.