The Graphics Support team performs both services and development activities
for users of the LC high-performance computing environment.
- Consulting on scientific visualization issues (demos, classes, getting started,
- Troubleshooting graphics-related problems
- Maintaining a graphics environment that is current and consistent across
LC computing platforms
- Creating scientific visualizations using a variety of commercial tools
- Developing customized visualization applications for end users
- Providing domain-specific visualization techniques
Graphics Support team members are experienced in the use of graphics libraries
and environments ranging from "turn-key" tools (e.g. EnSight, AVS,
Tecplot, MeshTV) to visualization libraries (e.g., IDL, NCAR, and OpenGL) to
utilities such as plotting packages and image conversion programs. See graphics
software for a complete listing of supported graphics software. This includes
information about each of the products, how to set up your environment to run
the software, documentation pointers, and information on installing a local copy
of the software if applicable.
The Graphics Support team members may be reached through the LC Hotline at
extension 2-4531 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.