The Graphics Support team performs both services and development
activities for users of the LC high-performance computing
- Consulting on scientific visualization issues (demos, classes,
getting started, visualization advice)
- Troubleshooting graphics-related problems
- Maintaining a graphics environment that is current and consistent
across LC computing platforms
- Creating scientific visualizations using a variety of commercial
- Developing customized visualization applications for end
- Providing domain-specific visualization techniques
Graphics Support team members are experienced in the use of graphics
libraries and environments ranging from "turn-key" tools (e.g.
EnSight, AVS, Tecplot, MeshTV) to visualization libraries (e.g., IDL,
NCAR, and OpenGL) to utilities such as plotting packages and image
conversion programs. See graphics
for a complete listing of supported graphics software.
This includes information about each of the products, how to set up
your environment to run the software, documentation pointers, and
information on installing a local copy of the software if applicable.
The Graphics Support team members may be reached through the LC
Hotline at extension 2-4531 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org