While installing a computer cluster requires some foundational skills and experience, getting it up and running is only part of the job! Understanding how your system works, how to protect it from threats like malware and viruses, and how to maintain it for optimal performance requires next-level skills. At the HPC Cluster Engineer Academy, you’ll explore all of this through team-based projects. Teams investigate problems and possible solutions, and then presents their findings at a special symposium for summer scholars.
- Ceph: A Distributed File System
- Elastic Stack Installation & Configuration
- Kubernetes Implementation into HPC
- Displaying the Power of Heterogeneous Computing on GPUs
- Monitoring HPC Clusters Using Sqrl
- Proof-of-Concept for Heterogeneous GPU Computing
- Tory: A Computer Inventory Script for HPC
It was cool to see all of the different things you can do on the terminal.
The program has made learning computer science much more exciting because of the real-world experience.