These instructions assume that your desktop machine is a Windows PC and that the standard LLNL X-Win32 application has been installed with a valid license key.
- Start the X-Win32 application: Start > All Programs > X-Win32 > X-Win32
- The X-Win32 splash will appear for a few seconds and then go away.
- The X-Win32 Configuration dialog box will appear.
Click on the Manual... button to setup a new connection:
- The Connection Method dialog box will then appear. Select
ssh then click the Next button to continue.
- The New Connection dialog box will appear. Enter the
- Connection Name: A name for this connection - should probably
match the intended machine you want to connect to.
- Host: The real name of the machine
- Login: Your LC login name on the machine
- Command: For a CZ machine, this is the type of login window you
prefer. Another choice might be /usr/bin/xterm. For an RZ
machine, note that you must always connect to the rzgw gateway
and then from there, ssh to the machine you want to actually
- Click the Save button when you are done
Important: Leave the password boxes blank!
- Back in the X-Win32 Configuration dialog box, you will now see
the new connection you just created. Select it and then click the
- You will then be prompted to accept the server's host key:
- You will then be prompted to enter your password. For a CZ machine,
enter your CZ PIN + OTP token password. For an RZ machine, enter
your RZ PIN + CRYPTOcard password.
- Finally, if everything is working correctly, you will see a login
window appear for the machine you selected: